Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sharing Poetry


The steps at the Red Balloon were filled with people of all ages on Friday night for Joyce Sidman's poetry reception. It just felt good to be in that book-filled place, and as she read some of her poems, it became an invitation for others to share. One precious little girl desperately wanted her copy of The World According to Dog signed! She even read one of the poems to the group - and then gave Joyce the book to sign.  With snaps to applaud each recitation or reading, the bookshop was filled with words and palpable admiration. Always shy in front of a group, I was glad to hang out behind Joyce's camera and snap for others!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't that a wonderful shop?! I hope that it never closes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for being the camera-woman, Library Jewel. Before the event, I was thinking to myself, "I've got to get her to read the squirrel poem from Ubiquitous, " but the thought was lost in the confusion of the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about offering to read that poem, but I get so shy in front of a group!

    ReplyDelete