Friday, November 4, 2011

Practicing Restraint

At this afternoon's meeting regarding the upcoming fall book festival, I could not help but look around the bookshop at all the new books. By new, I mean those that were not there last week when I visited. I held one long-awaited book in my hands. I read it, savoring the onomatopoeic text and wonderful artwork. I laughed as the animal characters held on to each other's fur and quills as they zoomed down the hill. I wondered along with the human boy who noticed the bear tracks in the snow outside his cabin. I hoped, along with him, to see the animals from his window, borrowing the red sled for another ride down the hill. I love Lita Judge's newest book Red Sled, but I practiced restraint today. No doubt I will look at it again next week and take it home for my shelf.

p.s. This bear track was found near Sperry Chalet in Glacier National Park at the end of July of 2011!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting to see a bear track, Julie! I'm not sure I'd want to see an actual bear up close and personal, though. I was, however, happy to see a bear from a safe distance and from the safety of being inside my car when I was visiting a state park this summer. He looked like a shaggy dog lumbering across the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm not certain i would want to see this track on the path leading up to our house but i love seeing it here. yeah, lita!

    ReplyDelete