Thursday, March 29, 2012

Overflowing With Words


Tonight we braved the light rail construction project and trekked across University Avenue to one of my favorite places to meet dear friends for tea and great sandwiches. In the middle of the lobby area is this gigantic cup, overflowing with the comforting sound of gently falling water. Its sides are engraved with numerous thoughtful quotations (and my teenagers each discreetly snapped images of their favorites). I appreciate it when words spill into our lives in unexpected ways.

5 comments:

  1. You've got me wondering where this giant cup can be found...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Overflow on University Avenue, David, almost to the U of M East Bank campus.

      Delete
  2. what a wonderful post! thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds as if you are making the most of your sojourn in the city. Wanted to tell you that I finally read BEAN BY BEAN and saw your name and brownie recipe in it! Proud to say I've tasted those brownies . . . now I am going to try your companion cookie recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We make our cookies and brownies with commercial peanut butter, Joyce, not natural. They might not taste the same if you use Crescent's version. Those cookies are Noah's favorites.

      Delete