Friday, October 21, 2011

Wrapping Up the Words

On a cherished day off from school, I wrapped the books I have purchased during the year as gifts for my nieces, nephew, neighborhood children, and friends (while watching a movie and stopping to do household errands). It looks like I need to stop supporting the bookshop and focus more on the college funds! But the people getting these books will love them, I know. They are so good that they must be shared! When I imagine the readers turning the pages and taking in the words and artwork, I smile, knowing my well-intended gifts will bring hours of reading pleasure.

3 comments:

  1. What lucky, lucky, young people you have in your life. You will (once again) be giving much joy.
    I'm not nearly as on-the-ball as you, but I bought my first Christmas gift (a personalized copy of Stephen Shaskan's terrific A DOG IS A DOG) for one of my great niece's this weekend, so I'm on my way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, lucky recipients! And how organized you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Stephen's illustrations in A DOG IS A DOG, David. I think I am organized but perhaps also have a touch of OCD, Sharon :) And, like you, I get distracted by other things I love and appreciate. Thus, I need to keep myself thinking ahead.

    ReplyDelete