Saturday, December 3, 2011

Poring Over Recipes

In Boston 2 1/2 years ago, I realized a dream I have had for 16+ years: going to Rosie's Bakery. While pregnant with each child, my body slipped into the gestational diabetes mode, and I ate and exercised so carefully to avoid insulin injections and complications. My survival skill was to read recipes of the luscious things I wished I could have been eating. Judy Rosenberg's two cookbooks topped the list. Her humorous introductions (and recipe names) kept me smiling while I wished for the actual treats.

This weekend I have been poring over Rosie's Bakery Chocolate-Packed, Jam-Filled, Butter-Rich, No-Holds-Barred Cookie Book in anticipation of baking numerous things for an upcoming holiday event. Chocolate Babycakes top the list, and I am going to try them this afternoon, just to be certain they will be delightful later this month. I wonder as I read...do others take as much pleasure as me in reading recipes?

3 comments:

  1. I will have to send you a sinfully delicious cake recipe I made recently: Chocolate Biscuit Cake, which was also Prince William's choice for a groom cake at his wedding. Easy. And oh, so rich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to trying that recipe, Joyce! I need something stunning for next Friday night.

    ReplyDelete