Follow by Email

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Riding the Underground

Not one for crowded spaces and jostling, London's Underground transportation system is not my favorite method of getting from one place to another. Since I last visited the city, one thing has made the rides a bit better. In addition to the tube maps and odd advertising, Poems on the Underground are displayed. I find myself looking up expectantly when I board a train, hoping to find a poem I have not yet seen. Predicting which fellow riders will pull a book out of their bags for the journey has also been a personal challenge. Reading makes everything better.

2 comments:

  1. what a perfect place for poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you are finding poems--like tiny gifts, aren't they? I remember seeing these in Boston and NYC subways years ago.

    ReplyDelete