Thursday, July 25, 2013

Riding the Underground

Not one for crowded spaces and jostling, London's Underground transportation system is not my favorite method of getting from one place to another. Since I last visited the city, one thing has made the rides a bit better. In addition to the tube maps and odd advertising, Poems on the Underground are displayed. I find myself looking up expectantly when I board a train, hoping to find a poem I have not yet seen. Predicting which fellow riders will pull a book out of their bags for the journey has also been a personal challenge. Reading makes everything better.

2 comments:

  1. what a perfect place for poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you are finding poems--like tiny gifts, aren't they? I remember seeing these in Boston and NYC subways years ago.

    ReplyDelete