Sunday, October 7, 2012

Stop, Drop, Roll


In preparation for an upcoming fire drill, second graders and I discussed the exit route from the library, being quiet as we walked to our safe spot and waited for the all-clear signal, and why we practiced for a potential fire.

One student then volunteered, "I know what to do if your clothes catch on fire."

"What is that?" I asked her.

"Stop, drop, and roll," she told us.

"I learned that, too," I replied. "I learned it in a book called Clifford the Firehouse Dog."

She immediately pointed at me and exclaimed, "Same book! Me, too!"

I love connections like these with readers and books!

1 comment:

  1. My connection? I remember getting a badge and a plastic fireman's hat after doing some activities every October.
    ps take a look at my Blog photo for Sept. 29a Hesseian image.

    ReplyDelete