Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Librarian Connections

Crouched between rows in a strawberry patch last weekend, I got acquainted with a fellow children's librarian in Vermont. While we picked berries with a mutual friend, book titles and opinions flowed freely. The skies were gray, but the berries were bright. She confidently dismissed the thunder claps as a truck trailer on the nearby road. Though we soon made a mad dash for the weighing station with the berry boxes, she offered dry clothes and book talk at her home - along with a delicious brunch of streusel muffins, fruit (including some of the berries), lemon mousse, deviled eggs, and brie with chutney.

What a delight to find another friend across the country who loves books and makes it a priority to connect young people with things they will love to read. I came home with sweet memories and a list of titles to order for my library!

3 comments:

  1. The jewel returns to her setting. Here, the sweet taste of rubied strawberries still lingers in our mouths and our rain-soaked hair is still drying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you and brattcat had a wonderful time together, though that was never in doubt. And it sounds like you made many sweet memories.

    I'm enjoying my own vacation now, on the beautiful shores of Lake Tahoe, reading, relaxing, and making my own sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete