Tuesday, May 3, 2011

In the Middle of It

I love being in a valley, in the middle of two peaks. I really love being in the middle of a good book...where I am tonight.

Last evening my son brought home Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt from the library. Immediately, I set down My Spiritual Journey by the Dalai Lama and started to read. After five pages, I was not sure I wanted to continue. I have looked forward to reading this book for weeks. But the beginning was so harsh.

Fast forward a few hundred pages. I will most certainly stay awake until I finish tonight. It is that good.

Tomorrow I plan to be at the end of it.

3 comments:

  1. The Dalai Lama will no doubt understand. I hope the book did not disappoint in any way and that you are not too exhausted today. It will be interesting to have a discussion with your son when he finishes it...and I suspect you will be tolerant of his light on late at night as he roars through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this one. Hope you do, too. I am reading Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. Extremely powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Done. It did not disappoint me, of course. Like THE WEDNESDAY WARS, it made me laugh, cry, ponder, and marvel. I can't decide, Brattcat, if I will give it to each of the boys or if I will read it aloud to them when we are together.

    I want to talk about it with you, Joyce. I put BETWEEN SHADES OF GRAY on reserve.

    ReplyDelete