Sunday, June 15, 2014

Fan Club Jewelry


What a lucky jewel I am to wear my favorite book as a locket! A package from the fan club arrived prior to my birthday, and held a brightly wrapped gift. I loved wearing it to school on the last few days and will keep it with me tomorrow as I talk about books at St. Cloud State University's Children's Literature Workshop. Thanks to the fan club for such a lovely gift!

In preparation for tomorrow, I reviewed each title this afternoon, considering what I like and what curriculum connections teachers might appreciate. I have never been one to speak with notes, so the 60 or so books I selected must be memorable in some manner that triggers my appreciation for each one. The problem is always cutting off the list in time for printing. Today, I read a few that begged to be added in one and shared with the participants: Revolution by Deborah Wiles and This is a Moose by Richard T. Morris. 

No comments:

Post a Comment